Saturday, November 21, 2020

10 FRENCH FILMS TO TRANSPORT YOU TO PARIS


I am craving to get on a plane and go somewhere --- anywhere at this point. I love the idea of escaping from the challenges and difficulties we have faced throughout this year especially after months of having to shelter in place. However the reality of actually getting on an airplane right now is not in my comfort zone nor is traveling for leisure really practical at this moment in time. 

Jason Farago of the New York Times feels the same way with the desire to go to Paris. And what any cinephile knows is that the movies are the next best way to transport you anywhere you may want to go. Farago has selected ten French films that he feels will take you right in to the heart of this enchanting city, telling many different stories throughout various eras. And these films represent the work of some of the greats like Jean Renoir, Jean-Luc Godard, Agnès Varda, Éric Rohmer, Claire Denis and Céline Sciamma.

The first country I ever visited was France and it was truly a magical moment for me. It's been many years since I've been to Paris and these films remind me that I'm long overdue for another visit. And while these movies may not completely satisfy my wanderlust, they do offer a pleasant escape to times that were (at least it seems) far less complicated.

Please click below to read:

10 French Films To Transport You to Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment