Thursday, June 6, 2019

COMING SOON


When I heard that Renée Zellweger would be playing the legendary musical film star, Judy Garland, I have to admit I found the idea completely absurd. But the teaser trailer for "Judy" has been released and I now have to admit I might be wrong. This drama takes place in the final year of the life of Garland as she arrives in London for a five-week run of sold-out concerts at the Talk of The Town in 1969. She is exhausted and emotionally drained after years of performing since she was a child and unsure if she can go through with the shows. With her singing the classic, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", Ms Zellweger seems to perfectly channel Garland's fragile spirit and professional dedication to the idea that the show must go on. I hope "Judy" lives up to the commitment that this actress has put in to recreating this Hollywood icon.

"Judy" is due in U.S. theaters on September 27, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment