Tuesday, July 3, 2018

COMING SOON


I have previously expressed my conflicted views on the films of Tyler Perry. As I have stated, I greatly admire his incredible success as one of the few African-American power players in Hollywood yet I am troubled by many of the films that have built his empire. I have avoided most of Mr. Perry's recent movies as I hate the feeling of frustration over the continuous uninspired writing and broad characterizations after leaving the theater. However I must admit I am intrigued by his upcoming comedy, "Nobody's Fool".

Perry was wise enough to cast one of the hottest comics around, Tiffany Haddish to star as Tanya, a slightly unhinged woman fresh out of jail. She returns home and reunites with her successful sister (Tika Sumpter) who tries to help her get her life back in order. Tanya thinks that her sister is getting "catfished" by a man she has been in a relationship with yet never met. So Tanya decides to use some of her skills that helped land her in prison to track this man down.

I'm not sure how "Nobody's Fool" will end up but I'm going in with an optimistic, open mind. And we are also treated to the great Whoopi Goldberg back on the big screen playing the sisters' mother.

"Nobody's Fool" is due in U.S. theaters on November 2, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment