Wednesday, August 26, 2009

COMING SOON

A film of the Broadway musical, "Nine", which is an adaption of Fellini's "8 1/2", has an impressive all-star cast including Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Sophia Loren and Daniel Day-Lewis. Although I have never seen the play, or I'm embarrassed to say, the movie on which it is based (It's terrible I know, but I promise I will get around to it), I am very curious about this dazzling looking film and I can't wait to see it.

Last year, I was very, very excited about "Mamma Mia" and was very, very disappointed. Poor pacing, lousy choreography and bad singing ruining perfectly good ABBA songs spoiled the film for me. I hope these actors can carry a tune and I will not have to endure excruciatingly painful non-singing. Did the filmmakers of "Mamma Mia" after hearing Pierce Bronson sing really say to themselves "Oh, wow! That sounds really good"? After seeing the trailer for "Nine", I am optimistic but I said that after seeing the trailer for "Mamma Mia" too. . .

"Nine" is due in U.S. theaters on November 25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment