Sunday, May 24, 2009

DANCE FLICK (2009)


Written by Keenan Ivory Wayans & Shawn Wayans & Marlon Wayans & Craig Wayans & Damen Dante Wayans


Directed by Damen Dante Wayans


Where & When: Pacific's The Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles, CA, May 22, 2009 7:45PM



"Dance Flick" is a spoof on recent films that involved dancing that includes "Save The Last Dance", "Step Up", "You Got Served" and "Hairspray". Here is a quick few words and sentences to sum up my opinion of this film:

Lame.

Amateurish.

Too stupid to be offensive.

Not as funny as it's maker's thinks it is nor as funny as it could have been.

There were five writers on this and THIS was the best they could come up with???

All I feel after sitting through this is that I wasted ninety minutes of my life and I'm never gonna get them back.

I have enjoyed some of the Wayans Brothers previous films (which is why I went to this) but if this had been the first movie of theirs I had ever seen... I would of thought they were hacks.

To be fair, There were a few funny moments-- But they were ALL in the trailer for the movie!

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment